Belmont National School is in a rural setting in Milltown parish, close to the border with County Mayo. Our current building was built in 1972, replacing the old 1881 school. The majority of our pupils are drawn from the local area. Some however, come from further afield as our school amalgamated with Dalgin NS in 1997. A bus service is in operation to bring pupils from that part of the parish here each day. As on 30/9/17 we have 56 pupils on roll, three class teachers, two special education teachers, two special needs assistants, a part-time secretary and caretaker.