St. Joseph’s Church is a focal point in the centre of the village, with its soaring pyramid shaped copper roof, crowned with a cross. Built in 1969/70 at a cost of £75,000, this was a very modern church for its time. It incorporates many features recommended in Vatican II, most noteworthy its freestanding altar on which the main building lines converge. It replaces the old St. Joseph’s Church built in 1831 following the repeal of the penal Laws.
13 St. Joseph's Church
This page was added on 06/08/2017.