18th November 1938 (An Old Mill)
It was worked by the waters of the river Clare. There was oaten meal and rye ground there. All the oaten meal and rye of the parish was ground there.
There were two rooms in the mill one for grinding corn and one for thickening clothes. The people people in those made frieze coats for men at home. They also made cloaks and petticoats for women. When they were woven by the weavers they had to be brought to this mill to be thickened. It is about thirty five years ago since this mill was working.