When my grandad was younger, his mom used to make black pudding for him and his family.
- 4 cups of fresh pig’s blood
- 2½ teaspoons of salt
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 1½ teaspoons of pepper
- 1 teaspoon of all spice
- Add the oatmeal to boiling water and set aside to soften.
- Sieve the blood into a large bowl to remove any clots.
- Add the onion, pepper, salt and allspice to the blood. Then, add the softened oats and mix it all together to form a paste.
- Then pack this mixture into the cleaned small intestine of the pig. Tie both ends.
- Place the pudding into a pot of boiling water and cook for 30 minutes.
- When cooked, remove from saucepan and allow to cool.
This page was added on 14/02/2018.