My Granny’s Brown Bread
My granny made lovely brown bread. It was so tasty. She made her brown bread alot. It was super nice with jam and butter. She made brown bread for nearly every special occasion. She got this recipe off her mum. She never knew the right measurements but it always turned out perfect. She always put a cross on her brown bread. She made her brown bread in the range. One time my aunt tried to make it in her fan oven and it wasn’t as nice. For school, my dad and all his brothers and sisters would have brown bread and milk.
This is how you make her brown bread
- Get a bowl and put your flour in it.
- Then you add your bran.
- After all that you add a pinch of salt.
- Add some baking soda.
- Then you just add a few drops of buttermilk.
- She mixed it all together and kneaded it.
- Then she added a tiny bit of flour and put it in the oven to cook.
Finally you can enjoy your break