White Soda Bread
When my grandad was smaller his mom used to make white soda bread for his family as a treat on a Sunday. This is the recipe:
- 3 cups of plain flour
- ½ teaspoon of bextartar
- ¼ pint of milk
- ¼ pint of buttermilk
- A pinch of salt
- Sift the flour, bread soda and bextarter into a large bowl.
- Add a pinch of salt.
- Make a well in the middle of the flour and add half the milk and the buttermilk and mix it.
- Add the remaining milk and buttermilk and continue mixing until a dough is formed.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured board and knead well.
- Shape the dough and put it on a baking tray and place it in a preheated oven at 170c and cook for approx 40 minutes.
This page was added on 14/02/2018.